Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Amelie vs Casey Dellacqua 3rd round

+17
hubfram
dozey
tigz10
yvonne
Pez
Allie
medusa
jgw
shiziko
angeo
Cannelle
longinov
sunny
francy
JOIE
JimmyL
babyb
21 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Our Amelie vs Casey Dellacqua 3rd round - Page 13 Empty Re: Our Amelie vs Casey Dellacqua 3rd round

Post by Pez Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:29 pm

babyb wrote:Here I am, well rested...I knew I shouldn't bother to wake up roll

lol, whats that on your avi?

Pez

Back to top Go down

Our Amelie vs Casey Dellacqua 3rd round - Page 13 Empty Re: Our Amelie vs Casey Dellacqua 3rd round

Post by Cannelle Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:31 pm

I am so disappointed with Amelie not amused and myself {I overslept roll}. It's obviously a mental issue that's troubling her. She clearly has what it takes to win, she has the skills, she knows how to play aggressively..yet she just crumbles in the middle of her matches!!!!!!! Is her coach not motivating her well enough??? not amused Maybe he needs a coach too. roll {Oh, to be a fly on the wall during their discussions!} Whatever the reason is, I don't think her heart is in it anymore. How unfortunate! sad

I want our CHAMP back!!! yes
Cannelle
Cannelle

Back to top Go down

Post by longinov Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Roby67 wrote:No comment... Mad scratch sad
second to that No
longinov
longinov

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Our Amelie vs Casey Dellacqua 3rd round - Page 13 Invision-Board-France-383
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:18 am

Pez wrote:

Amelie serving Big laugh wink
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by jgw Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:28 am

babyb wrote:
Pez wrote:

Big laugh Big laugh Big laugh
jgw
jgw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pez Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:51 am

jgw wrote:
babyb wrote:
Pez wrote:

Big laugh Big laugh Big laugh

lol

Pez

Back to top Go down

Post by jgw Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 am

Sorry I wasn't here with you all this morning wtf

I'm afraid I have to agree with Francy for the most part, but I have to say that I am not as "angry" as many of you are!
We all know she's had the bad nerves, up and down confidence always, but now those factors, (which, when they are part of your character as a person never leave you no matter what you do, what you achieve, no matter how much people tell you are good etc [I know what I'm talking about here wink ]) with the addition of repeated injury, an ageing body and the decrease in true ambition, due to the achievements of the last couple of years, have all left Amélie with an insurmountable obstacle!!
One would imagine that a player of Amélie's calibre should be able to stand up and say I'm brilliant, I'm going to beat you (whoever that may be) I have beaten you all and just you try and change that!!! BUt she's not like that, not as a player, not as a person. She has none of the arrogance of the players of today.....I'm sure you can all think of many....and that's one of the reasons she's loved!! But as for being a gritty, all-conquering, aggressive tennis player, one just can't afford the emotion etc because, in my opinion, the game and skill of the upcoming players and not just the handful of top players has come on in leaps and bounds in the just the last year or two. The majority of players out there have the ability to beat any one of others on any given day should there be a deficit or chink in the game/armour of the opponent!!

(Apologies for the wordy, rambling nature of this post Big laugh )

So yes, I'm disappointed, sad I won't have to sit up in the middle of the night watching more crazy matches this week, sad that amelie is further disappointed, I just hpe that amelie isn't further knocked by this week's performance.
I want her to be happy, I want her to be surrounded by people who can direct her towards her happiness, be that to continue slogging it out on the tennis courts or immediate retirement!!! mellow

Guess we can only wait and see what is to come smile
Til then;

ALLEZ AMÉLIE & SVETA!!!!

roll roll roll
jgw
jgw

Back to top Go down

Post by jgw Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:16 am

(Because I'm slow, I've only just noticed that Amélie was without her comfort strapping this morning!!!)
jgw
jgw

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyL Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:17 am

That's a beautiful post, Jen. I wish Amé could read it and be buoyed up by the love and concern we all feel for her!

JimmyL

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyL Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:19 am

jgw wrote:(Because I'm slow, I've only just noticed that Amélie was without her comfort strapping this morning!!!)

Yes! That made me doubly pissed off when I noticed: I thought.. the body's getting better; let's just hang in there...let's buy a little more time for things to come together.... and..... No

JimmyL

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannelle Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:44 am

jgw wrote:
(Apologies for the wordy, rambling nature of this post Big laugh )
Thank you for the lovely, well written post, jgw. I think you summed it all up, and put it into perspective. :}

jgw wrote:
Til then;

ALLEZ AMÉLIE & SVETA!!!!

roll roll roll

Well, Sveta's out. Big laugh

I am rooting for anyone, but the Williams sisters. roll

Last edited by on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Cannelle
Cannelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannelle Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:54 am

babyb wrote:
Pez wrote:

Our Amelie vs Casey Dellacqua 3rd round - Page 13 Invision-Board-France-547
Cannelle
Cannelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pez Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:58 pm

... and they withdrew from doubles, cant understand that ...

Pez

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Pez wrote:... and they withdrew from doubles, cant understand that ...

good, what's the point of staying there anyway.
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pez Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:59 pm

babyb wrote:

good, what's the point of staying there anyway.

i thought playing tennis lol

Pez

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Lady Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:22 pm

hahaha

or having booked a ticket back on the 27th?
Crazy Lady
Crazy Lady
Admin

https://theplacetobe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jgw Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:54 pm

The lazy bums!!! But yeah, why would you wanna stay when you been kicked out of the party........no fun looking thru the window at the others having fun Big laugh
jgw
jgw

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:50 am

Pez wrote:

i thought playing tennis lol
little late for that Big laugh
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13