Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amelie vs Alize Cornet

+3
babyb
sunny
Allie
7 posters

Go down

Amelie vs Alize Cornet Empty Amelie vs Alize Cornet

Post by Allie Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:39 am

It's time Amelie!

GO AMELIE GO!!

Allie

Back to top Go down

Amelie vs Alize Cornet Empty Re: Amelie vs Alize Cornet

Post by sunny Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:14 pm

back on grass!

Come on Amelie!Amelie vs Alize Cornet Invision-Board-France-191
sunny
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:40 pm

from 6:1 to a set down... silent
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 pm

ALLEZ!

She won! cheers
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by JOIE Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:35 pm

Wow, I thought this thread will be 10 pages long
by now seeing that score....

PHEW! That was scary. But good job Amelie!
6-1, 4-6, 7-5. Hope this gets her going.
JOIE
JOIE

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:08 pm

"Sixth seed Cornet was the first of the three seeds to take the court at Devonshire Park and had arguably the toughest opening match of the entire seeded contingent, facing one of the strongest grass court players from the last decade, Amélie Mauresmo roll
Mauresmo has had dry results of late, not getting past the quarterfinals since this very tournament a year ago, when she made it all the way to the final before finishing runner-up to Justine Henin; but her experience on this surface far outweighs her young compatriot's and it showed, as she defied her recent form in notching a 61 46 75 upset win.
Mauresmo, a former world No.1 player, has been to the semifinals or better at Wimbledon four times, including winning the title in 2006 (one of her two career Grand Slam titles, alongside her Australian Open triumph earlier that season); Cornet was contesting just her second grass court event on the Tour, having reached the second round of Wimbledon last year as a lucky loser."
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:26 pm

First Round Singles Result: Amélie Mauresmo d. Alizé Cornet [6] 6-1, 3-6, 7-5
TAT: Do you feel any added pressure here, considering it’s an event where you’re defending more points than any other left this year?

A.M.: Not at all, not at all (laughing). Really, I’m not even thinking about that. I’m thinking about the game, thinking what I should do on the court, and thinking how I should prepare for next week. That is important for me.

TAT: So, would say more of your focus is on getting good preparation for Wimbledon, or on doing well here?

A.M.: Yeah, I’m trying to have a few matches, is always a good help, but if it was not the case, like if I would have lost today, I knew that I have also doubles here, and, yeah, I wouldn’t have worried too much because I can practice. But yeah, it’s also good to play matches, definitely.

TAT: Have you thought about playing doubles in the Olympics with Alize, or any other French player?

A.M.: We…it could happen, but we haven’t talked about it at all yet, so… yeah, I guess we definitely need to do that quickly (laughing). I guess, yeah, you’re right, we need to think about it (laughing).

TAT: I noticed both you and Alizé were wearing blue today. Is that a conscious decision to support France (in the Euro 2008 football tournament)?

A.M.: Not really (laughing). That’s the outfit companies’. I’m not sure they support France (laughing). Well, Lacoste maybe, but Reebok, I’m not sure… (laughing)... Big laugh Big laugh Big laugh
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by Pez Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:23 pm

cool we won smile
whos next?

Pez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content