Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Countries, languages, landscapes...

3 posters

Go down

Countries, languages, landscapes... Empty Countries, languages, landscapes...

Post by yvonne Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:51 am

Stay on topic, please Countries, languages, landscapes... Minimongol roll
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Countries, languages, landscapes... Empty Re: Countries, languages, landscapes...

Post by beauxarts Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:57 pm

okay, quick lesson in the official languages in south africa
here they are:
Afrikaans
English
IsiNdebele
IsiXhoza
IsiZulu
Northern Sotho
Sesotho
Setswana
SiSwati
Tshivenda
Xitsonga

I can only speak 2 of them, but mostly we speak English (when we do business and so on.)
they are implementing the "mothertongue" in schools - where they teach you in your own language, but it's not always a good idea.

Our national Anthem is in 4 languages.
tongue

the western cape is definetly the most beautiful place (my home!!)
thanx fudge!
beauxarts
beauxarts

Back to top Go down

Countries, languages, landscapes... Empty Re: Countries, languages, landscapes...

Post by babyb Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Burkina Faso cheers
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:51 pm

babyb wrote:Burkina Faso cheers

tell us more roll
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:09 pm

yvonne wrote:
babyb wrote:Burkina Faso cheers

tell us more roll

Burkina is a landlocked nation in West Africa. It is surrounded by six countries: Mali to the north, Niger to the east, Benin to the south east, Togo and Ghana to the south, and Côte d'Ivoire to the south west. Formerly called the Republic of Upper Volta, it was renamed on August 4, 1984, by President Thomas Sankara to mean "the land of upright people" in Moré and Dioula, the major native languages of the country. Literally, "Burkina" may be translated, "men of integrity," from the Moré language, and "Faso" means "father's house" in Dioula. Independence from France came in 1960. Governmental instability during the 1970s and 1980s was followed by multiparty elections in the early 1990s. Several hundred thousand farm workers migrate south every year to Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana in search of paid labour. The inhabitants of Burkina Faso are known as Burkinabé.

Burkina Faso has one of the lowest GDP per capita incomes in the world: $1,200. This ranks it as the 27th poorest nation.[2] Agriculture represents 32% of its gross domestic product and occupies 80% of the working population. It consists mostly of livestock but also, especially in the south and southwest, of growing sorghum, pearl millet, maize (corn), peanuts, rice and cotton.

Unemployment causes a high rate of emigration: for example, three million citizens of Burkina Faso live in Côte d'Ivoire. According to the Central Bank of Western African States (Banque Centrale des États de l'Afrique de l'Ouest), these migrants send tens of billions of Euros back to Burkina Faso each year. Since the 1967 expulsions from Ghana, this situation has provoked tensions in the recipient countries. The most recent crisis occurred owing to the events of 2003 in Côte d'Ivoire, which led to the return of 300,000 migrants.

The currency of Burkina Faso is the CFA franc.

Countries, languages, landscapes... Ouagad10
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:35 am

bunp!
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:37 am

babyb wrote:bunp!

thanks B

i need to post some pisc from my last holiday, it was soooooo beautiful, I mean the landscapes roll
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 am

I dont know how to do it though Shocked
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:39 am

yvonne wrote:
babyb wrote:bunp!

thanks B

i need to post some pisc from my last holiday, it was soooooo beautiful, I mean the landscapes roll

do it for us, do it y cheers
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 am

babyb wrote:

do it for us, do it y cheers

i will Cool
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum