Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other News!

+4
sunny
Pez
yvonne
babyb
8 posters

Go down

Other News! Empty Other News!

Post by babyb Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:03 pm

Gay Ex Top Cop Runs For London Mayor

http://www.365gay.com/Newscon07/11/111307lonpad.htm

Other News! 11130710
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Other News! Empty Re: Other News!

Post by babyb Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:11 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/11/25/kasparov.jail/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Other News! Capt_610
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:43 pm

thank God I do not play chess Shocked
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:51 pm

yvonne wrote:thank God I do not play chess Shocked
hehe you mean you would be busted too :D
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:52 pm

babyb wrote:

yeah... Other News! Invision-Board-France-104

hey B, do you think that sudoku is dangerous as well? Other News! Invision-Board-France-17
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:42 pm

yvonne wrote:
babyb wrote:

hey B, do you think that sudoku is dangerous as well? Other News! Invision-Board-France-17
of course it is silent
trust no one and nothing Suspect
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pez Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:11 am

babyb wrote:
yvonne wrote:
babyb wrote:

of course it is silent

yea really & never tell anyone your teddybears name ...

Pez

Back to top Go down

Post by sunny Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:12 am

Pez wrote:
babyb wrote:
yvonne wrote:
babyb wrote:

of course it is silent

yea really & never tell anyone your teddybears name ...

lol!
sunny
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannelle Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:28 pm

Hurray for Jodie! cheers

Other News! Lansingaward-podium

Jodie Foster Thanks Cydney in Accepting Sherry Lansing Leadership Award

by Sarah Warn, Editor in Chief
December 5, 2007

In a surprising and moving speech on Tuesday, Jodie Foster, 45, thanked "my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss" when she accepted the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award at the 16th annual Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast.

The award is named after the former chief of Paramount Pictures, Sherry Lansing, who told the Associated Press that she was "overwhelmed to be presenting it to Jodie."

The L.A. Daily News reporter covering the event, Greg Hernandez, noted surprise "at the public acknowledgment of who I presume is Cydney Bernard, the woman who is widely reported to be her life partner," because Foster has always been "so intensely private."

In her speech, which the Daily News described as "funny and heart-warming," Foster went on to say, "I don't feel very powerful. I feel fragile ... unsure, struggling to figure it all out, trying to get there even though I'm not sure where there is ... I've been working in this business for 42 years and there's no way you can do that and not be as nutty as a fruitcake."

Characterizing herself as a "professional" and a "gentleman," Foster admitted: "I always feel like something of an impostor. I don't know what I'm doing. I suppose that's my one little secret, the secret of my success."

But, she added: "Growing up, there were hardly any women in my professional sphere — there was maybe a script supervisor, the makeup artist and the lady who played my mother. I became the prodigal daughter after I proved myself in a family of men."

Foster has steadfastly refused to discuss or publicly acknowledge her relationship with Cydney Bernard, whom she reportedly met on the set of Sommersby in 1993. Although Bernard has accompanied her to premieres and public events outside the United States, Foster has never brought her to public events in America.

But in the last year or so, Foster has seemed to be taking small steps toward making her private life a little bit more public.

In an interview with More magazine in September to promote her recent film The Brave One, the interviewer commented on the Tiffany ring she was wearing, and Foster acknowledged it was "an eternity ring" that she never takes off, but refused to elaborate further. That same month she used the word "partner" for the first time in an interview, when commenting on her acting career to The Denver Post, saying, “I need to have something that doesn't belong to my mom, doesn’t belong to my kids, doesn’t belong to my partner.”

When Foster donated funds in July to the newly opened Saban Center for Health and Wellness in Woodland Hills, Calif., she also donated plaques bearing the handprints of her sons, Kit Bernard Foster and Charles Bernard Foster.

"I just wanted to stand for what I stand for," Foster said yesterday. "I wasn't really interested in living someone else's career."

The annual event, co-sponsored by The Hollywood Reporter in conjunction with their annual Power 100 issue honoring powerful women in entertainment, was attended by 640 guests at the Beverly Hills Hotel, with Queen Latifah and John Travolta serving as keynote speakers.

Of Foster's award, Travolta said: "There's no one better suited for this than Jodie. She's powerful, she's talented, she's creative, she's got a lot of stamina to get things done. So this is her award, you know?"
http://www.afterellen.com/people/2007/12/jodiefoster
Cannelle
Cannelle

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyL Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Cannelle wrote:Hurray for Jodie! cheers

Indeed smile

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/film/2007/12/jodie_foster_comes_out_at_last.html

JimmyL

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Heath Ledger is dead Other News! Invision-Board-France-111

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/22/heath.ledger.dead/index.html
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannelle Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:58 pm

yvonne wrote:Heath Ledger is dead Other News! Invision-Board-France-111

It's such terrible news. Other News! Invision-Board-France-111 I really admired his acting. I feel horrible, especially for his young daughter. Other News! Invision-Board-France-111
Cannelle
Cannelle

Back to top Go down

Post by JOIE Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:32 pm

yvonne wrote:Heath Ledger is dead Other News! Invision-Board-France-111

That was truly shocking and sad.
They're still trying to determine the actual cause of death.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914
JOIE
JOIE

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 am

roll stoned

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN2955964420080129?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by shiziko Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 am

Cannelle wrote:

Jodie Foster Thanks Cydney in Accepting Sherry Lansing Leadership Award

by Sarah Warn, Editor in Chief
December 5, 2007

In a surprising and moving speech on Tuesday, Jodie Foster, 45, thanked "my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss" when she accepted the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award at the 16th annual Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast.

finally! it's good to hear that ...
shiziko
shiziko

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannelle Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:57 pm

People of Lesbos take gay group to court over term 'Lesbian'

By NICHOLAS PAPHITIS
Associated Press Writer

ATHENS, Greece (AP) -- A Greek court has been asked to draw the line between the natives of the Aegean Sea island of Lesbos and the world's gay women.

Three islanders from Lesbos - home of the ancient poet Sappho, who praised love between women - have taken a gay rights group to court for using the word lesbian in its name.

One of the plaintiffs said Wednesday that the name of the association, Homosexual and Lesbian Community of Greece, "insults the identity" of the people of Lesbos, who are also known as Lesbians.

"My sister can't say she is a Lesbian," said Dimitris Lambrou. "Our geographical designation has been usurped by certain ladies who have no connection whatsoever with Lesbos," he said.

The three plaintiffs are seeking to have the group barred from using "lesbian" in its name and filed a lawsuit on April 10. The other two plaintiffs are women.

Also called Mytilene, after its capital, Lesbos is famed as the birthplace of Sappho. The island is a favored holiday destination for gay women, particularly the lyric poet's reputed home town of Eressos.

"This is not an aggressive act against gay women," Lambrou said. "Let them visit Lesbos and get married and whatever they like. We just want (the group) to remove the word lesbian from their title."

He said the plaintiffs targeted the group because it is the only officially registered gay group in Greece to use the word lesbian in its name. The case will be heard in an Athens court on June 10.

Sappho lived from the late 7th to the early 6th century B.C. and is considered one of the greatest poets of antiquity. Many of her poems, written in the first person and intended to be accompanied by music, contain passionate references to love for other women.

Lambrou said the word lesbian has only been linked with gay women in the past few decades. "But we have been Lesbians for thousands of years," said Lambrou, who publishes a small magazine on ancient Greek religion and technology that frequently criticizes the Christian Church.

Very little is known of Sappho's life. According to some ancient accounts, she was an aristocrat who married a rich merchant and had a daughter with him. One tradition says that she killed herself by jumping off a cliff over an unhappy love affair.

Lambrou says Sappho was not gay. "But even if we assume she was, how can 250,000 people of Lesbian descent - including women - be considered homosexual?"

The Homosexual and Lesbian Community of Greece could not be reached for comment.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

scratch
Cannelle
Cannelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down