Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Keep the Faith!"

+3
dozey
francy
JimmyL
7 posters

Go down

"Keep the Faith!" Empty "Keep the Faith!"

Post by JimmyL Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:48 pm

"Desperately seeking Amélie. Meet me, 2 o'clock, 5th July, Henman Hill. Keep the faith. Love, Jim."

At the risk of sounding like a crazy american god-botherer, I wanted to start a topic where we can say why we still have faith in Amélie (those of us who still do! wtf )

As I was trying to say to Sup before my computer went on the blink yet again..... I have faith in her, because when I saw her in Paris three weeks ago, I didn't see some wobegone old woman, no longer able to cope with the youthful vibrance and strength of the young players (yeah, right!!!! Evil or Very Mad Marion Bartoli, anyone?????? wtf ).

No, the Amélie I saw in Paris, is still colour to all the others' black-and-white. She's still 3D to their flatness. She's still Oz to their Kansas. She's still an artist to their competent journeymen. She's still a tennis player to their sterile ballbashing. She looks more real than all the others; she looks in a different league to all the others; she has more raw talent in one little finger than the others have in the whole of their clubbing double fisted axe-swinging. And, don't be fooled by her apparent slightness: she still has power too.

It's all still there. IF - and ok, I know it's a bloody BIG "if" -
IF SHE CAN ONLY GET HER HEAD RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf wtf wtf

JimmyL

Back to top Go down

"Keep the Faith!" Empty Re: "Keep the Faith!"

Post by francy Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:54 pm

I'll never give up to keep the faith and, believe me, I'd do all on earth to get her head right, but only she has the power to do it...

For the date, don't worry Jim... I'll be on Henman Hill on July 5th.. (you only have to address me there Smile )
francy
francy

Back to top Go down

Post by dozey Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:20 pm

she is not feeling extremely bad out there (from what i saw this week)... i think it was good for her to see a lot of fans cheering for her... to see that we still care.. and i think the support was good here in dubai

she still looked sad in some moments.. for example morigami's match.. but once she took that 2nd set.. i felt i saw ame of 2006 for a while... she was excited jumping screaming allez... it was great to see that again really

i think she is just afraid of winning.. or she doesn't think she can make it on top again... but she can.. she has weapons against what jimmy called theballbashers .. i don't see any style or elegance in their game..it is boring even to watch.. ame in contrast has extremely good talent and feel for the game..and u always enjoy watching her

i'll be honest and say that i was losing faith in her earlier(the past few months) but this week had glimpses of hope and i believe she can do it ONLY IF SHE BELIEVES TOO

common ame.. don't retire we need you and THE TENNIS NEEDS YOU AS WELL cheers come on yes
dozey
dozey

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:17 am

Oh Father Jim!!! Big laugh
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Allie Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:07 am

It's rough-going right now, but I still totally believe in Amelie.

Thanks for this thread, Jim, it's good for my personal morale as well. Words of encouragement and support always tumble out of my mouth for Amelie and Amelie's fans. She's capable of high quality tennis, but she won't do justice to her career unless she wins the fight between the ears. Is it lack of confidence, low self-esteem or fear of success? She's got us...we're here with positive thoughts (and more!).

March madness! Amelie will be at Indian Wells and then Miami. I'm hopeful for back to back good results. She needs that drive back. Would be nice if we all were on Henman Hill on July 5th watching Amelie.

Allie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cannelle Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:44 am

I will be crossing my fingers...;}

Let's go, Ms. Mauresmo!!! I can't imagine tennis without her. yes

"Keep the Faith!" Smiley-IPB-414"Keep the Faith!" Smiley-IPB-405"Keep the Faith!" Smiley-IPB-406"Keep the Faith!" Invision-Board-France-493"Keep the Faith!" Smiley-IPB-408
Cannelle
Cannelle

Back to top Go down

Post by adrenaline.junkie Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:58 pm

Great words Jimmy ! smile
As for me *just in case you ever get to read this amélie*...I have always supported you, still do and always will. You're the best, no more and no less. Keep the faith.

adrenaline.junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down