Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS

+25
jgw
medusa
mastro titta
shiziko
Roby67
MariaI
tigz10
Julien
JimmyL
Sarah
francy
A_M_E_L_A_M
Cannelle
longinov
Nadl
Elina
Bubbles
angeo
honey
yvonne
sunny
Pez
Crazy Lady
JOIE
babyb
29 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

NEWS - Page 19 Empty Re: NEWS

Post by yvonne Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:49 pm

babyb wrote:
yvonne wrote:

it's not my opinion, NEWS - Page 19 Invision-Board-France-663 someone made me say that, i promise NEWS - Page 19 Invision-Board-France-281

who??? Twisted Evil

NEWS - Page 19 Invision-Board-France-71 NEWS - Page 19 Invision-Board-France-353
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by honey Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:09 pm

According to Alexia D-B,Amelie's pr person;Amelie is doubtful for Wimbledon due to a 3mm groin tear in the left leg .She'll give herself 48 hours to decide what to do next but apparently things are not looking good in the Amelie camp sad sad sad
honey
honey

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:48 am

"Hopefully if I rest for two, three days it will be OK. Basically, it is a tiny tear and time is running against us. It is only four, five days before my first match but let's try to stay optimistic."

"We will try everything we can to be ready for Wimbledon even though we know it might be a little bit short,"
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:59 pm

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/draws/ws/wsdraw.pdf

Ame got the easier side of the draw (if there's such thing lol)
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Monday's Schedule

Court 11 12.00 noon
1. Ladies' Singles
Elena Baltacha (GBR) v. Angelique Kerber (GER)
2. Gentlemen's Singles
Alex Bogdanovic (GBR) v. Simone Bolelli (ITA)
3. Gentlemen's Singles
Marat Safin (RUS) v. Fabio Fognini (ITA)
4. Ladies' Singles
Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)[29] v. Ashley Harkleroad (USA)
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by honey Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Wimbledon: Amélie Mauresmo va tenter le coup Very Happy
REUTERS | 22.06.2008 | 18:59
Par Eric Salliot

WIMBLEDON (Reuters) - Amélie Mauresmo participera bien au tournoi de Wimbledon, lundi, face à l'Américaine Ashley Harkleroad.

La Française, tête de série n°29, était incertaine après son abandon mercredi en huitièmes de finale à Eastbourne face à l'Australienne Samantha Stosur à la fin du troisième jeu (1-2).

Des examens avaient révélé une petite déchirure à la cuisse gauche.

Dimanche après-midi, après une séance d'entraînement de 45 minutes avec son coach Loïc Courteau, Amélie Mauresmo, victorieuse sur le gazon londonien en 2006, a décidé de tenter sa chance.

"J'ai fait une échographie ce matin qui montre qu'il y a une bonne évolution. Je sens bien la balle mais je ne serai pas à 100%. On va voir comment cela se passe",
a-t-elle déclaré à Reuters.

"Si cela n'avait pas été Wimbledon, je n'essaierais même pas. La preuve, à Eastbourne, dès que j'ai ressenti la douleur, j'ai stoppé car je voulais essayer de mettre le maximum de chances de mon côté. C'est un tournoi qui me tient à coeur."

"Ce sont des conditions de jeu quasiment idéales pour moi. J'ai du mal à imaginer de faire l'impasse sur ce tournoi. J'ai l'assurance à 90% de ne pas risquer d'aggraver cette blessure et de ne pas ruiner les quelques mois qui vont arriver." bounce bounce bounce

Amélie Mauresmo, 33e mondiale au classement WTA publié ce dimanche, est programmée en quatrième match sur le court 11 face à Ashley Harkleroad, 74e mondiale, qu'elle n'a jamais affrontée.
honey
honey

Back to top Go down

Post by honey Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:59 pm

I can't believe this and I don't think any of you will but it seems that M.Pierce has asked to play the olympics(she has a protected ranking) and it looks like she will make the team! Shocked Shocked Shocked
remember Pierce hasn't played in 2 years! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Amelie,if this is all true will be allowed to play doubles,alone wtf wtf wtf

I tell ya what,if it's true;next time if Amelie is healthy and there is a FC tie to be played I would tell them to shove it! Mad
honey
honey

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:53 am

honey wrote: but it seems that M.Pierce has asked to play the olympics(she has a protected ranking)

roll roll roll

No comment (and you know why) as Valerie would say Big laugh
babyb
babyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pez Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:28 pm

babyb wrote:
honey wrote: but it seems that M.Pierce has asked to play the olympics(she has a protected ranking)

roll roll roll

No comment (and you know why) as Valerie would say Big laugh

... talking about her ... does anyone else think about how long it will take until she aka Valerie5555 does has 50,000 posts again? :unsure: Big laugh 2 days? 3?

Pez

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Lady Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:10 pm

im an idiot.....i cant think.... wink
Crazy Lady
Crazy Lady
Admin

https://theplacetobe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Amélie renonce aux Jo. :
03/07/2008

Amélie a souhaité revenir sur sa non sélection en simple et sa décision de renoncer aux Jo.

N’ayant pas été retenue en simple par la Fédération Française de Tennis pour tenter de ramener une médaille a la France et dans l’optique de me préserver sur le plan physique en raison d’un calendrier inadapté, j’ai décidé de renoncer aux Jo de Pekin pour me consacrer à mon dernier objectif majeur de la saison : l’US Open. Je partirai donc dès le 10 août pour jouer deux tournois de préparations Cincinnati et New Haven. C’est avec tristesse que je prends cette décision car jouer pour mon pays mes derniers JO me tenaient très à cœur.

" Having not been selected to play singles by the French Tennis Federation to try and win a medal for France and in view of preserving myself on the physical side (because of a schedule that is not fully adapted to my current state), I have decided to give up the Beijing Olympics and concentrate on my last major objective of the season: the US Open. Therefore, I will leave on August 10th in order to play two preliminary tournaments, Cincinnati and New Haven. It makes me sad to have to make this decision because it really meant a lot to me to play for my country as these would be my last Olympics. "

sad sad sad
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyL Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Personally, I think the Olympic tournament is a load of shite: tennis has no place in the Olympics. So I'm pleased Amélie isn't going to be wasting her time there. If she's not retiring (and I hope she isn't!!) then the sensible thing, once she's fit again, is to start getting some ranking points so that she can start doing justice to herself on the normal tour.

JimmyL

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Mauresmo "surprised" and "disappointed"

Amélie Mauresmo has justified her decision to abandon the Beijing Olympic Games, for which she had been selected in the doubles, and alternate for singles. The vice-Olympic champion in Athens did not appreciate that the Federation has not prevented the choice to prefer Mary Pierce, absent from the courts since October 2006 because of a serious knee injury. Pierce has until July 23 to formalize her withdrawal but Mauresmo "can not (me) afford to wait her plan to make a decision. I am a pro, I need to make a planning.." The former world number 1 has "no animosity towards Mary is understandable desire to have this one, keep objectives" and return the ball in the court of breeders: "Following is the Federation see what is feasible and is not. "The situation benefits Pauline Parmentier, promoted alternate for singles.

Her decision to forgo the Beijing Olympics
"From the moment I am not in this selection, apart from a double, I give priority to my program on the WTA circuit, with Cincinnati, New Haven and the U.S. Open in late August. My decision is irrevocable. I am obliged to make a program. I do not feel to wait. Mary could decide not to go. But I can not afford to wait her plan to make a decision. I am pro, I need to make a planning. I did not find myself in this situation several months ago. But today, I must make that choice then. I have a preparation to be done. I go out injury, it must be decided at a time. "

The behaviour of the Federation
"I've never been informed that I would be the fifth on the list simple. I was very surprised and a little disappointed by this behavior. That these are the facts. I've learned after my first round at Wimbledon. I had other things in mind because I was uncertain and I did not know if I was going to continue in this tournament. Afterwards, I looked more seriously on the problem there. I'm always frustrated, I was expecting something else from the Federation, in view of what I gave to this team from France for a decade now, whether in the context of the Olympics or the Fed Cup. It is a little damage. Yes, the selectors have been able to take account of my achievements and my record of service. And at the same time, they could try to contact Mary, since it is more uncertain for the Olympic Games, to get a little state of health, it provided and where she is in her preparation.

The behaviour of Mary Pierce
"I have no animosity towards Mary. It's understandable desire to have this one, keep goals. When one is hurt, we want to have deadlines, you can aim to keep the mind and a willingness to return. Following is the Federation to see what is feasible and is not. "

The possibility of not playing than double in Beijing
"I did very little double this year. And saw my physical condition for several months, where I've had a hard time a little, and while my goal is to win matches in singles and retrieve for the tournament at the simple, I do not see me go there just for the double. I heard that I had to potentially play with Tatiana. There is a big blur at the Federation regarding the selections, even among boys. It was a very strange and you can ask questions in relation to that. Suddenly, I have not yet prevented Tatiana. I wanted to take my decision calmly, on my side. "

Some regret missed his last Olympics
"As I announced at the end of 2007 season, my goals were the Grand Slams and the Olympics. And my ranking had dropped, unfortunately, I'm not in that list. It's a bit frustrating. It probably would have been my last test for me because I'll be 33 years old in London. I will probably have stopped my career. And I had lived an extraordinary experience in Athens. "

The place of tennis in the Olympic Games
"I continue to be a champion of tennis in the Olympic Games. The experience I had in Athens in 2004, whether the Olympic Village, while the tournament during the week, sharing with athletes medal on the podium with the silver medal ... I have lived extraordinary moments, emotions. And it is true that I did not able to live many emotions in the context of the Olympics at that time. "

Her project to run as a representative of athletes with the International Olympic Committee
"I do not give up this project. It must be disputed is the Olympics which will take place, or precedents, in Athens in 2004, so my candidacy remains present. When David Douillet called me and offered me this role there, I never imagined a few months later having to give up and not be on the list of selected. If I had known this before, I would perhaps say that I was not the right person, out of respect compared to other athletes who might arise. But today, I remain a candidate. This may be just a little harder to achieve win a seat at the Athletes' Commission but we will try. "

Her physical problems
"They are not resolved, but being processed. There was no significant worsening after my last match at Wimbledon (against Serena Williams), which is rather positive. However, two weeks ago where we must be very careful. Here, I have a pain when I'm on a footing. I will resume very quietly, trying to be under the threshold of pain, as indicated by the doctors. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Last news smile
Mauresmo only passing by

Famous tennis player Amelie Mauresmo spent the first night of "Exit" festival at the Petrovaradin fortress (the old fortress in Novi Sad where the whole festival is being held), enjoying in music performances at the best Europian festival.She used short,one day stay at Novi Sad,to practice in the "Gimnas" gym,with supervising of Biljana Veselinovic, ex tennis player,now coach of Serbian female tennis representation. However,she didn't have time for talk with press. She left the town in the early afternoon. Still, photographer artist Martin Candir made a few shots of her and gave her monograph of Novi Sad,with special part about "Exit" festival.
"Amelie had engagements in Romania. She didn't stay late on the Petrovaradin fortress. She visited couple of stages,and then went back to her room. She said that it was beautiful at the fortress and that she had a good time. I was her host in sport's part and I can tell you that she is recovering well from her muscle injury.That's why she practiced in the gym"-said Veselinovic.
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by longinov Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Roby67 wrote:Last news smile
Mauresmo only passing by

Famous tennis player Amelie Mauresmo spent the first night of "Exit" festival at the Petrovaradin fortress (the old fortress in Novi Sad where the whole festival is being held), enjoying in music performances at the best Europian festival.She used short,one day stay at Novi Sad,to practice in the "Gimnas" gym,with supervising of Biljana Veselinovic, ex tennis player,now coach of Serbian female tennis representation. However,she didn't have time for talk with press. She left the town in the early afternoon. Still, photographer artist Martin Candir made a few shots of her and gave her monograph of Novi Sad,with special part about "Exit" festival.
"Amelie had engagements in Romania. She didn't stay late on the Petrovaradin fortress. She visited couple of stages,and then went back to her room. She said that it was beautiful at the fortress and that she had a good time. I was her host in sport's part and I can tell you that she is recovering well from her muscle injury.That's why she practiced in the gym"-said Veselinovic.
wow she was in Novi Sad Surprised Very Happy damn i knew i had to go to "Exit" this year Evil or Very Mad Laughing

thanx for the news roby, good to know that she is recovering Cool
longinov
longinov

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Pierce won't go
Georges Goven confirmed in the newpaper l'Equipe that Mary Pierce won't play at the Olympic Games of Pekin, in August 2008.

The Frenchwoman, who hasn't played since 2006, is still suffering of her knee.

Amelie Mauresmo is on the French Federation list but the former number one in the world already withdrew. If she confirms this withdrawal, Pauline Parmentier will fly to Pekin.
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Lady Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:35 pm

hmmm, couldnt she think of that a month ago?

I would still feel "second pick" if id go after all that has been going on the past few weeks.
Crazy Lady
Crazy Lady
Admin

https://theplacetobe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:44 pm

http://www.sloveniaopen.si/index.php...novice&item=10

Amelie Mauresmo in Portoroz

Prominent French tennis player tested the hardcourt surface of the Portoroz tennis courts just a few days before the start of the Banka Koper Slovenia Open 2008.

A former No. 1 on the WTA rankings trained in Portoroz from Sunday till Wednesday. She arrived to the Slovenian coast after finishing her engagements in Italy (). In last four days she practiced mostly with Katarina Srebotnik and helped her get ready for her home tournament that starts on Monday 21 July.
smile smile smile

Amelie Mauresmo spoke very highly of the Portoroz ambience and playing conditions at the sports centre in Marina Portoroz where the Banka Koper Slovenia Open takes place. She is to play next at the Western & Southern Financial Group Women’s Open Field in Cincinnati in mid-August. Before departure she acknowledged that one day she would love to come back and maybe even play at the one of the future Banka Koper Slovenia Open tournament

NEWS - Page 19 Slovenia0708uy3
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:50 pm

From www.tennisforum.com - momosapiens:

Big laugh
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by Roby67 Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 pm

http://www.mtsmondo.com/entertainmen...hp?vest=104185

Amelie Mauresmo, stayed in Serbian city of Novi Sad ( I live there ) couple of days ago where she enjoyed in Serbian food.

Amelie's host in Novi Sad was a tennis coach Biljana Veselinovic, they had a dinner in a restaurant " zal za mladost " where after Amelie wrote in book of impressions " Thank you for a good welcome, and a great dinner. See you again. "

Owner of the restaurant said they reservated a table last week, came to the restauran @ 8 PM and left around midnight, withthem was a manager Maksa Catovic, who invited them to come at Madonna's concer in Montenegro ( 25th September ).

As he said, everybody was impressed by Amelie's knowledge in Serbian food and drinks.

Mauresmo did not wanna leave Serbia until she trys " cevapi " Like a desert she ordered " sarma " and then ate 5 huge " cevapi ". She was drinking red wine, one before dinner, and one glass after.

Ameleis Mauresmo also went to Music festival EXIT.
Roby67
Roby67

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonne Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 am

where's Ame? Anyone knows? scratch
yvonne
yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post by babyb Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:39 am

OMG! Thats the pic when they hooked up! lol